As known, cleaning grouts and tiles are very important and necessary to keep your place look fresh and clean. But then are you thinking that it is easy to do and can save money and stress as well? If you are thinking like that then you may be wrong.
Cleaning tiles and grouts is not really an easy task to do. Sometimes you end up damaging them even more. Here are few of those common DIY grout installation and cleaning mistakes,
Insufficient knowledge and preparation:
- Cleaning grouts and tiles will need sufficient knowledge and information to engage in the process of cleaning.
- Make sure you do not apply random DIY tips to clean the tiles and grouts, they may damage your tiles and grouts further.
- Removing the grout and then mixing it in a proper proportion and then reinstalling, it needs knowledge regarding that.
- If you do things wrong, then you will end up creating a further mess at your place. So make sure you know about the process and then start with your work.
Know the exact proportions to use:
- Know the proper portions to use while installing the tiles and the grouts.
- You should not apply too much of grout at once. It may cause mess over there.
- You will have to apply little portion first and then shape it properly, and then continuing with the same process.
- Try to complete applying grout properly and correctly. There are chances of making your tiles harder, so apply the grout portion in a very correct and complete manner.
- Make sure you complete the started portion before moving on to the next portion. If you are applying grout on one portion, then try to complete that first. If you are leaving to it dry for so long, there are chances of becoming dry and creating a mess.
- Do not make use of too much water while applying the grout.
- It is very common that you may use any of the cleaning solutions and tools to clean. But then is it a proper cleaning solution and tool to be used? Think and know the cleaning solution and tool to be selected properly and start using it.
- Use the water as much required. Do not use more amount of water, it may become harder.
- If you are not sure with the amount of water and the tool to be used then try to call the professionals to clean the grouts.
Use mild chemicals:
- Make sure you do not use any type of harsh chemicals to clean the grouts and tiles.
- Make use of mild chemical agents that are suitable for the Tile and Grout Cleaning
- The harsh chemicals may damage the tiles and grouts further.
- Acidic and colored chemical cleaning solutions should be avoided. They may cause damage and discoloration to your tiles and grouts.
- Try to use the chemicals in a proper portion even it is mild. Excess of mild chemicals can also cause damage to your tiles and grouts. Read More :- Deluxe Tile Cleaning