Regrouting bathroom tile sounds like a massive undertaking, but it really isn’t as difficult as you might think. All you need are a few simple regrouting tools, some grout with the grout color of your choice, basic cleaning supplies, and a sealant. Regrouting a small bathroom should only take a few hours even for a complete novice.
- Before you begin, gather your tools. If your bath has signs of mildew, buy a cleanser specifically made to kill mold and mildew. Otherwise, a bleach-based cleanser will work just fine. You will also need grout, a chisel, rubber mallet, grout saw, grout float, and a durable sponge for cleaning up afterward. While you are at the hardware store, pick up a grout sealer to use after the grout dries. Masking tape and drop cloths will help protect your work area from accidental damage, and a dust mask and goggles will help protect your eyes and lungs.
- First, clean your Bathroom Tile Cleaning to remove soap scum, mildew spores, and skin oils. Allow the tile to dry, and then apply masking tape on the edges of the tile to protect them from being scratched. Cover the tub, toilet, and sink with drop cloths to prevent grout from getting in drains.
- Next, start removing the grout from between the tile. Using your grout saw, scrape away the old grout, taking care not to chip the tile and grout cleaner. You may not be able to get all of the grout with the saw. Use the chisel and rubber mallet to remove any grout the saw left behind. Tap the chisel lightly with the mallet at first, and only use more force if absolutely needed.
- Clean your work area to remove all the dust and grout chips. If tiles have came loose, glue them back in place before you continue. While you wait for the dust to settle, mix your grout according to the instructions on the container.
- Floating grout is the fun part. Load your float with a small amount of grout, and cover each area with an even, diagonal movement. The float should be held at a 45-degree angle to make sure the grout gets between the tiles. Allow the grout to dry for at least 20 minutes, and then remove the masking tape. Wipe off any excess grout from the tile with a damp sponge.
- Depending on the type of grout you use, you may need to do a second coat. If the package directions don’t require a second application, allow the grout to dry for three days. Then apply the sealant according to the product directions
Deluxe Tile Cleaning Company has been authorized by City Of Melbourne and giving the most excellent tile cleaning services to local public of Melbourne.
Professional Assistance: Deluxe Tile Cleaning
We assume that your tiles and grout installed in your bathrooms are damaged and full of stains. Constant exposure to water and acidic chemicals can make the grouting cement brittle and weak. Damage to grout can affect the integrity of your bathroom tile installation. Hire professional tile cleaning services provided by Deluxe Tile Cleaning today and fix your bathroom tile grout. Our Professional Tile Cleaners utilize industrial chemicals and adhesive to strengthen the grout and whiten it asap. Avail our professional tile cleaning services today and get guaranteed results within 24 hours of hiring.